Thursday 17 November 2011

5 weeks, 2 days - November 17th 2011

I'm only 5 weeks and 2 days but ive bloated out to about 5 months pregnant. I did put on some extra weight ready to lose for the onslaught of the HG but really I look and feel many months into a pregnancy!
Still no nausea to report, just fatigue. I can fall asleep in an instant. It is like there is an off switch that suddenly gets flicked. I'm eating as much as I can and as well as I can. It's hard waiting and wondering what the next few weeks have in store for me and hoping that whatever it is I will cope.
I also worry for Gracie, my 2 years and 9 month old. She is a bright happy intelligent child but also very sensitive and I worry if I get very ill what effect that will have on her. I am lucky to have an extremely supportive and understanding Mum who is helping me so much with raising Gracie and encouraging myself and Martin in our role as parents. We couldn't have contemplated another pregnancy without her support and help.
That's the thing in HG, support and understanding is the key ingredient to caring for someone suffering. I can't help thinking of all the women across the world who face isolation and abuse in pregnancy simply from a lack of knowledge of the condition and this really troubles me. The last woman to die of HG in the UK was in 1939. I wonder how many women, particularly in third world countries are dying from it and what on earth I can do to help them.

No comments:

Post a Comment